Thursday, June 11, 2015

Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing


 My mom LOVED Caesar Salad. We ate it 2-3 times a week with grilled chicken while I was growing up. Especially in the summer. It was a family favorite. Now, I eat it often, and always on Mother's Day. I lost my mom 7 years ago, and there is something so wonderful about eating her favorite meal. I feel so close to her. Its amazing how food connects us to those we love in such a real and beautiful way.

Our family friend, Rachel, gave mom this recipe for caesar dressing, and we've used it for years. Its a great, non-creamy caesar. It has a killer garlic bite (which I LOVE, because I am a garlic freak) and a nice, rich, umami flavor.

Sometimes, instead of croutons, I put crispy bacon in my caesar. Yeah, its pretty much a dream come true. Look at that cute little helper, sharing my lunch with me! :-)



It is also EXCELLENT with beautiful, organic, red leaf lettuce. But romaine also works great too!


Caesar Dressing Recipe

One Lemon, juiced
Anchovy Paste, 2 inch ribbon
1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (or liquid aminos)
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2-3 cloves of garlic
1/3 Cup Olive Oil

Place everything in a food processor and blend together until combined. Serve with lettuce of choice, croutons, Parmesan cheese, grilled chicken or crispy bacon. Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!