Thursday, June 11, 2015

Put an Egg On it

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get enough of the roasted veggie/fried egg combo! I feel like I could eat it all day long- and some days I do!!

Here are three fabulous, SUPER simple paleo friendly 'breakfast' options. But let's be honest, you could and SHOULD eat this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! So yummy!


Parsnip Fries, with a fried egg

Cut large, long fries out of your parsnip. Coat in Coconut Oil and roast in oven at 400 degrees for 45mins, or until desired crispiness. Mmmmmm, Crispiness. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Fry an egg, and chop some green onions and you have a great meal!


Sweet Potato Medallions with Spinach, Ham and Sunny Egg

You can see my previous post, here, about how I love to do my sweet potatoes. I take some fresh spinach, or greens, and lay my sweet potatoes on top. Take some high quality, nitrate-free deli ham and fry it up in a skillet until nice and crispy. Place it on top of potatoes, and then put a beautiful sunny egg on top- with some parsley and pepper to garnish. This is a FABULOUS breakfast to do with guests. It looks beautiful, and it tastes incredible. 


 Leftover Veggie Hash with Eggs and Bacon
When I have leftover roasted veggies from dinner, I often warm them up and through a nice yolky egg on top. And of course, if you have some bacon or sausage you can add that too-- a little breakfast meat always warms my heart first thing in the morning!!


Lesson of the day: Pretty much everything is better with an egg on it. :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Since starting this change in my life, eggs have seriously become my friend! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Beth!! I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!